Caucus Call 2018
House District 42A Republicans will caucus on Tuesday, February 6, at Mounds View High School, 1900 Lake Valentine Rd, Arden Hills, at 7 pm. Attendees should plan to arrive between 6:15-6:30 pm to allow time to park and confirm their precinct and room assignment. All U.S. citizens who live in precincts within House District 42A, will be voting age by Election Day on November 6, 2018, agree to support Republican Party principles, and either voted or affiliated with the Republican Party in the 2016 general election or intend to vote or affiliate with the Republican Party in the 2018 general election, and do not participate in another party’s 2018 precinct caucuses, are eligible to participate. You can find your precinct number at http://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/.
Caucus participants will vote in the Gubernatorial straw poll as well as elect delegates and alternates to the House District 42A Republican Convention set for Tuesday, February 27, at Messiah Lutheran Church in Mounds View, who will in turn endorse a candidate to represent district residents in the Minnesota House of Representatives and elect delegates and alternates to the CD4 and State Republican conventions, where candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate (both seats) and Minnesota Governor and Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, and Auditor will be endorsed. Participants will also elect precinct officers and discuss policy issues and consider resolutions shaping the Republican Party platform.
Politics is the process of people deciding what laws and elected representatives they want. Party actions and candidates are shaped directly by the people who show up and participate. Our success in shaping governmental policy of, by, and for the people reflects the effectiveness of YOUR personal political activity, so attend your precinct caucus on February 6th, vote, and be heard!
What Happens at Caucus?
Caucus participants will engage in face-to-face discussion with other party members in the community to discuss and promote the affairs of our party. They will:
- Elect officers to coordinate party efforts within their local precinct
- Elect delegates and alternates from their precinct to the House District 42A Convention, scheduled for Tuesday, February 27, at Messiah Lutheran Church, 2848 County Rd H2, Mounds View, who will in turn:
- Endorse a candidate to represent district residents in the Minnesota House of Representatives
- Elect delegates and alternates to the CD4 and State Republican conventions, who will endorse candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate and Minnesota Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, and Auditor
- Vote in a straw poll for Republican candidates for Minnesota Governor
- Discuss policy issues and consider resolutions shaping the Republican Party platform which will in turn be considered at House District 42A, CD4, and State conventions.
Chair and Caucus Convener
Minnesota House District 42A Republicans